Prev: RE: DS2 vehicles in SG2 Next: Re: Captor Mines

Re: [LST] Double and Treble copies Re: DS2 AAR and questions

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:19:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [LST] Double and Treble copies Re: DS2 AAR and questions

At 11:25 AM -0500 7/16/01, devans@uneb.edu wrote:
>In Ryan's last message, the list address showed twice, PLUS had Mr.
>Faircloth's as a carbon copy.

Looking back through the messages. Mark is posting to
gzg-l@scotch.csua.berkeley.edu. The list messages have
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu as the reply to address.

I have my mail tools (home and work) set to 'reply to all'
automagically since I use the tool at work and for work mails
(generally we have lots of messages zipping around to lots of people
at the same time). As such both get set added to the 'to:' field.

As I don't usually see the full address for the list, it doesn't
always happen. When it does and I see it, I strip off the extra to:
destination. But this morning as with every morning, I'm going
through the 100+ mail and firing off replies pretty quick. So
sometimes I miss the extra to:.

>As we've been having several double posts, I'm curious if there are
some
>special reasons. I know a couple times people have admitted
responsibility,
>understandable considering that it appeared that the posts didn't fire
off.
>In these cases, it's usually the local ISP or the person's client
causing
>the confusion.
>
>However, is the list server doubling the address somehow? Does some
mail
>client put the carbon copy in?

Its actually not a cc, but both recipients. CCs to people are easier
to see, but aren't too unliked as sometimes a thread gets addressed
via private mail.  If it really only needs to be to the list, I
generally strip those off. But then I see those regularly.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids,	 - NRA -
-		 Then you can host the Olympics too!	       -

Prev: RE: DS2 vehicles in SG2 Next: Re: Captor Mines