Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

Re: Movies

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:39:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Movies

----- Original Message -----
From: K.H.Ranitzsch <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 6:49 AM

SNIP
> > For example:  Saving Pvt Ryan; Aliens; Predator.
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
> 'Barb Wire' violence AND (almost) bare skin, fun to watch, and
actually
not
> so bad.
>
> 'Mad Max' and sequels.
> 'Das Boot' is indeed, impressive
> 'Battle of Britain', OK film, nice air fights
> 'Galaxyquest' Not that much blood, but a real hoot.
> Greetings
> Karl Heinz

The great thing about Barb Wire- among the many great things about Barb
Wire
is that it's "Casablanca", with Pam in the Bogart role.
A couple more:
"They were not divided" is a 'fifties UK war movie about a British tank
unit
in WW2, from initial training to the end- pretty good.
I got "Soldier" free, and I want my money back.
"All quiet on the Western Front" (1931 or so) is great.
"Comrade X" has numerous fantasy Soviet tanks chasing Clark Gable across
the
Ukraine
"Duck Soup" - I'm raising 6mm HOTT forces for Freedonia and Sylvania
" '84 Charlie Mopic" is an interesting low-budget Vietnam movie

"The Wings of Honneamise" is splendid, with some beautiful aircraft and
battle

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies