Prev: RE: Ronin War?? Next: Movies

Shaky painting - Re: Repost: Ronin War??

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:33:32 -0400
Subject: Shaky painting - Re: Repost: Ronin War??

At 4:23 PM -0600 7/12/01, Mike Stanczyk wrote:

>I could care less about the Ronin War rules, I just want stuff that
>comes pre-painted.  I like SG/DS.
>
>I tell people the following ( Stolen from Blazing Saddles):
>"See this hand."
>
>"Steady as a rock."
>
>"Yeah, but I paint with this hand." raise other hand shaking like a
leaf

Well, try this.

A quick way to paint up 1/285-300 scale figs is to do the following
steps.

1. Clean the fig of flash and casting marks
2. spray it black
3. dry brush it OD or Sand (temperate or desert base)
4. wash it black
5. lightly drybrush it again
6. paint on the upper coats of color you want for the outline breakup
7. clear coat it

Nothing here needs an extra fine hand. Its all quick and mostly takes
time in letting one coat dry before the next one does.

Unless you are doing figs that have windows and such, armoured
vehicles get to be pretty easy and quick. If you have wheeled
vehicles you may run into issues with the wheels as with canopies on
aircraft. But those few details aren't that difficult.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: Ronin War?? Next: Movies