Prev: Re: Rules Clarifications (new FAQ?) Next: New FAQ, was...

RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long)

From: "David L. Dunn - DLD Productions" <dldproductions@z...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:24:03 -0700
Subject: RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long)

>Need some help here.  Dunno if I'm doin' it right, but I'm designing
>a vehicle,
>and want to put some stats to it.  This is before I finish designing
>the model,
>so I know what to put on it, and what not to.	Here goes
>Class 2
>10 Cap
>Ar Val=2
>GAC/2 turreted=6
>HEL/1=2
>GMS/L=2
>	      10 Cap used.

You have a size 2 vehicle with 3 weapons plus the "free" APSW. Too
many weapons.

Hmmm...ok then...now I'll have pull out my bible.  ;)
According to Jane's Tanks and Combat Vehicles Recognition Guide, 2ed.
An Austrian SK105 19 tons (approx,) classified as a Light Tank, has a
105mm, 1x 7.62mm.   ok.
Ah, the Chinese Type 62 "Light Tank" 23 tons, 1x 85mm, 1x 7.62mm coax,
1x 7.62mm (bow) and a 1x 12.7mm AA.
But the French AMX-13 16.5 tons, has 1x 90mm, 1x 7.62mm and 1x 7.62mm
AA.
The UK Scorpion Recon Vehicle 1x 76mm, 1x 7.62mm and only weighs 8.8
tons!
Here is the realllly good one.....
The CIS BMD-3	 1x 30mm, 1x7.62mm, 1xAT-5, 1x 7.62mm (bow), 1x 40mm
gren lnchr(bow), 1x 5.45mm (bow), and it carries 5 passangers and has a
crew of 2 and weighs 14.5 tons.  Go figure? All those weapons on that
little vehicle?  Nah...really?	:)
My point is this, that unless one knows what a class 2 vehicle is, how
can one to say, " Too many weapons."
I didn't mention the "free APSW" because I didn't put it on the vehicle.
So it's still only three weapons.
Yes I understand that this is Science Fiction, but we only have reality
based things to go from.  Who's to say that a "such and such Main Battle
Tank" can only have 3 weapons?	I don't believe that the above BMD-3
would be considered a MBT.  Not weighing in at only 14.5 tons, when an
M1 comes in at a whopping 59.9 tons!
Would stand to say, that:
 Class-1 up to 10 tons?     "(very small)"
Class-2 10-25 tons?	    "(Small)"
Class-3 25-50 tons?	     "(Medium)"
Class-4 50-70 tons?	     "(Large)"
Class-5 70 and up?	      "(Very Large)"
All this before coffee, egads!
I just thought I'd run the numbers on the vehicle I'm making, before I
finish it.  Wasn't sure if I did the math right or not.  All the rule
book says is that you can't put a weapon of a higher class on a lower
class vehicle.	ie. a motorbike with a MDC.  "'ere hold 'dis while I'z
aim!"  visions of a 40k orc warbike...."shudder" bad thought, bad
thought.

--
David L. Dunn
DLD Productions

http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/

Prev: Re: Rules Clarifications (new FAQ?) Next: New FAQ, was...