Prev: Re: David's vehicle design Next: RE: David's vehicle design

Re: Computer problems

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:30:29 EDT
Subject: Re: Computer problems

Been there (I have a 'delightfully randomly functional' Compaq Presario
CDS 520) and you have my empathy/sympathy.  Maybe it will just go
away...

On Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:24:30 +0200 Oerjan Ohlson
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> writes:

>...right. This morning I had a scare - the main CD-reader in my new
>computer refused to work, which screwed up the entire system and
>caused it
>to go into "failsafe" mode. In Failsafe mode, the computer was unable
>start the modem...
>
>Fortunately it seems to have recovered now... but neither I nor the
>tech
>support people have a clue about what happened. If it happens again,
>I'll
>have to send back it to the retailers to let them look it over - and
>that'll take at least two weeks during the summer. In other words,
>don't be
>surprised if I suddenly stop replying to emails for a while...
>
>Later
>
>Oerjan
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
>"Life is like a sewer.
>  What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
>-Hen3ry

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: David's vehicle design Next: RE: David's vehicle design