Prev: Re: New IF ships Next: Re: New IF ships

Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 01:02:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"

At 2:24 PM +1000 7/6/01, Derek Fulton wrote:
>At 12:15  6/07/01 -0400, Aimee wrote:
>>We had a huge 'Battle of the Line' with the Kra'Vak attacking Earth
>
>Hmmmmm....note to self, must remember to kill JMS because of the
>debilitating effect he has had on wargame scenarios ;)

Heh....We also had a DSII game situated around a Mech infantry
company (truck mounted) and a militia company searching a large table
for an Elite SAS detachment that had been conducting covert
observation of an area. The SAS diggers were waiting to get extracted
by 2 platoons of Power armour and some VTOLS. A very interesting game
that went to the wire on the extraction chances of the SAS. They were
eventually gunned down. Apparently they had issues with contacting
the orbiting Aero Space support for a strike mission.

We also had a DSII scenario where a reinforced company of light
infantry, plus a detachment of Combat walkers and a platoon of
infantry walkers were holding a town for shuttles to escape. Each
Shuttle was worth a victory point. The invading forces were able to
'recycle' casualties into follow in forces that were committed as the
casualties were made. Basically a finite Blue force that must give
ground eventually and an ever coming horde of Red force. Also a very
fun scenario.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: New IF ships Next: Re: New IF ships