Prev: Re: AI Fighters link Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out

Re: AI Fighters link

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:29:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: AI Fighters link

On  5-Jul-01 at 11:18, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Very interesting. Of course as an aid to a pilot,
> by the time it tells you what you should do and
> you do it, it might be too late. Perhaps some kind
> of visual cue (symbols on the hud) could make this
> work.
>
> As much as a fighter pilot tries to do the unexpected,
> he probably does the expected fairly often. Good
> pilots also fly the plane well (executing maneuvers
> well) and can take more g's. Of course a computer
> plane would probably do both of those near flawlessly.
>
> I'm not sure I want to be a fighter pilot in the 21st
> or 22nd centuries when this all comes together.

Note the accuracy, 55%-95%.  I'm not sure I'd want to
trust my life to a system that at times dropped as
low as 55%.

I'm not even sure much is being done now (the article
was 1988-1989) with Neural Nets, they seem to have
reached a bit  of a dead end.  Anyone here know about
any recent NN work?

Roger

Prev: Re: AI Fighters link Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out