Prev: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright Next: Re: GZG catalog item pics needed

Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:12:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright

While we've had some discussion on the list, you might wish to look
through
the archives, I'd hope that Jon, Tony, and Nic might have better
insight,
and be willing to talk to you directly.

I'd caution  you'd be careful not draw analogies between printed word
and
images, and between 'the law' and voluntary actions as I think you may
have. Likewise, the 'law' involves international understandings, as well
as
individual nations.

***
It's just that I do not want to display fully painted miniatures of
the look alike type if it is just going to attract unwanted attention.
***

I'd point out that the painting may actually camoflage the similarities.
If
you have a samurai masked and helmeted figure with a cape, it's one
thing
to paint it glossy black with white stripe borders, and another to cover
it
with multi-colored polka-dots.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright Next: Re: GZG catalog item pics needed