Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass

RE: Questions re Fighters

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Questions re Fighters

--- Brian Bell <bbell1@insight.rr.com> wrote:
> 2) In a multi fighter furball the side with
> initiative goes first and
> can
> either target  1 or more groups with the damage
> shared amongst
> them... Do
> the damaged fighters have to take a morale check
> before they can fire
> back?
> [Bri] They either target 1 group or spread the
> damage among all
> groups (can't pick 2 out of 3). But if it is still a
> 1 on 1 dogfight,
> damage is simultaneous. ...

Is this in the book anyplace? We have endless
arguments about the darned fighter rules (it
doesn't help that they're distributed among all
the books). I thought the person with initiative
got to fire one stand and then the defender had to
take the consequences before firing himself (not
simultaneous). I even thought he had to make a
morale role to fire back. Where is this stuff
specified?

Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass