Prev: Re: But it's still gone [OT] Re: [FT] Robot workers Next: RE: Questions re Fighters

Re: Size Class Escalation

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:47:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Size Class Escalation

I don't know about all of you, but a lot of my
choice for ships to use has to do with the cool
models I buy and would like to see on the table.
I know that isn't good reasoning as far as reality
and force projection needs, but it IS an important
factor in my mind. After all, we're not doing a study
for the military on future combat (at least I'm
not).

So, if you had some cool SDN model you liked to
play, you probably wouldn't be too receptive to
being told it's laid up and you can't play it for
a few weeks or real time while it's being fixed
despite the fact that a real admiral might be
told just that.

Of course if you're doing a campaign, that's
a different matter. You have to have some
restrictions there.

I may have said this before, but I think part
of the reason people play SDN's is that the SDN
models are usually some of the most impressive
(big, full of detail, lovingly painted, etc.)

Prev: Re: But it's still gone [OT] Re: [FT] Robot workers Next: RE: Questions re Fighters