Prev: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Re: Big ship loadout ... Was Size Class Escalation

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:50:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Big ship loadout ... Was Size Class Escalation

On 25-Jun-01 at 16:44, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
> ... My Battleship has 2 type 4's, 2
> > > type 3's and 2 pulse torpedoes. At band 4 the
> > > battleships fire 2 dice apiece (1.6 pts) and
> > > the SDN fires off 6 dice (4.8 points). At band 3,
> > > the BB's fire 6 dice apiece (4.8 points) and the
> > > SDN gets 12. Once their in 30, it goes to 4.8 +
> > > 1/6(3.5) = 5.38 vs. about 6.
> >
> > Is it my fault you picked a poor loadout for your
> > bigger
> > ship?  :)
> >

> Actually, I've been pretty pleased with my
> weapons load.

Right, but you took a ship designed for long range
and let the ships designed for short to medium
get close.  I was talking equivalent ships for a
comparison.  You were testing more than 1 variable.

Any time you want to take two ships and let me take
one that is the combined two I will toast you unless
lady luck gives you the battle.

Prev: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?