Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

The fleet book has superdreadnoughts and supercarriers
which are in the 250 mass range class (plus a bit for
a few ships). How high in mass are the big ships you
field and what has your experience been with them?

I play Federation miniatures, Geohex UN miniatures,
B5 Earthforce miniatures (as the UN), and a few
others.

I'll start.

My Excelsior SDN, the UN SDN from Geohex, and my
Warlock SDN (from B5) are all about 265-270 so far.
I don't get them into battle all that often because
they cost from 864 (Excelsior) to about 900 points
and our games are usually 1000-1500 pts. My experience
with them has been basically good. They take a
pretty good pounding and can deliver decent damage
but not in an obviously unbalancing way. Their
survival rate does not seem to be higher than my
other ships (since they tend to get focussed on).

Having recently purchased a largish Enterprise-E
miniature, I'm considering upping the weight class
a mite to something between 290 and 350.

We actually had a game the other night in which it
turned out one of the opposition ships was 620 mass!
We killed it, but I felt afterward we should have
gotten a medal presented by Princess Leia. It wasn't
really unbalancingly powerful, but it DID have the
advantage of firing all at once.

Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?