Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: SGII Ghurka Pipers

Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:04:52 EDT
Subject: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)

Very cool!  Great idea.  Unfortunately I (this Friday when I realized
how
much money i had riding on eBay auctions)  took a 'vow' to not buy
anymore 25mm figures until I get my 6mm stuff up and running.  But it
sounds fantastic!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:57:07 -0700 "Don M" <dmaddox1@hot.rr.com> writes:

>------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C0FCAD.2CB86E40
>
>Don and I were perusing the Reimer Digital Library and came across a
>US =
>Special Forces manual on mounted operations.
>
>Horse-mounted operations with pack animal (mule, donkey, horse)
>support, =
>primarily.  However there is a chapter on llamas. . .=20
>
>The manual is surprisingly detailed and was revised last year, =
>indicating someone's been thinking about this a great deal.
>
>Anyway, we've been corresponding with Nic about ordering a line of =
>figures equipped in accordance with said manual.  We're going to be =
>putting together a large enough order to get the line started with 4 =
>variations of equippage.  What we're going for is variations in =
>weaponry--bullpupped rifles, M-79s, a SAW (folding-stock minimi) and a
>=
>pack-wearing figure that with an antenna becomes an EW trooper, and =
>without becomes a medic.
>
>What I'm curious about is will there be any other interest in these =
>guys?	I'm hoping to get together enough orders to get Nic to do some
>=
>more variations (horseholder, troopers charging with pistol at the =
>ready, some warped officer that insists on carrying a saber, etc)
>after =
>we order the main force.  Maybe eventually also loaded pack animals =
>(loaded with dismantled light mortars, recoilless rifles, DFFGs,
>missle =
>launchers, etc)??  Who knows, even a force of crack llama commandos
>some =
>day.
>
>This is how I described them to Nic:
>>>>
>They would be wearing standard camoflage uniforms, with boonie caps
>(the =
>same Science Fiction boonie caps the OUDF has, with visors and commo =
>mike).  They would be wearing cowboy-style boots, spurs, and leather =
>chaps, and instead of traditional web gear they should have LBVs =
>(loadbearing vests like the US Army has--will send pictures if =
>necessary).  The troops will also be carrying small assault packs and
>=
>'camelback'-style water bladders on their backs.  Each man would also
>=
>have a holstered pistol.
>
>Other armament would include: a bull-pupped rifle (simillar to NAC
>one, =
>but no underbarrel grenade launcher), an M-79-style large-caliber =
>grenade launcher, or a shotgun (bullpupped also).  The squad support =
>weapon would be no larger than a Minimi, preferably with folding
>stock.  =
>It would have to use the 200-round ammo boxes like the minimi.  All =
>weapons would be carried cross-chest with a top-sling when mounted.
>
>Don's doing up some drawings and we'll be taking pictures of some =
>specific equipment combinations to get more details worked out, but
> [...]

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: SGII Ghurka Pipers