Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI) Next: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

Re:Small Ships--Why?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:07:46 +1000
Subject: Re:Small Ships--Why?

G'day Bif,

 >Also, a question about FB1 designs.
 >Has anybody tried the FSE SDN (forgot
 >the name)

Foch.

 >with it`s fighter bays replaced with SML`s and
 >ammo. What I`m asking is that the extra SML`s
 >to overload the targets PDS more useful in
 >battle than the fighter groups it comes with as normal?

I tried it a couple of times and found I liked the flexibility of the
fighters better. You should have a fair amount of SMs from accompanying
ships so the fact the fighters can be dual purpose is more useful - they

can swarm PDS ship(s) so they have to decide whether to save themselves
of
the missile targets or the fighters can protect the FSE against incoming

threats. Then again that may be my still of play, you might find the
extra
SMs more useful, especially if you're pretty sure of what you're up
against.

Cheers