Prev: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife Next: Re:Small Ships--Why?

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:52:25 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> >(I never understood why fighters needed their own move segment, their
own
> >attack segment, their own move system, ect.	Seems much simpler to
treat them
> >as very small ships -- Which is what they are anyway.)
>
> Fighters have a weapon range of 6mu. If you treat them exactly like
ships
> (incl. pre-written orders), their chance of getting close enough to
the
> enemy to fire is... pretty minimal, like :-/

But what if you use regular movement, just don't require it to be
pre-written?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7NSvDJXH58oo6ncURAtC+AJ9XyH0uIf3bQdmSXYa/6s8GvNylPgCg4goC
a2gL0japUNN0pY9MaaE3R+k=
=N/Vi

Prev: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife Next: Re:Small Ships--Why?