Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT] Unpredictable AI) Next: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT] Unpredictable AI)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:50:53 +1000
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT] Unpredictable AI)

G'day Donald,

 >Seems like a very simple "house rule fix" to me.

Depends how many fighters you've got and how much they stick together I
guess. For instance last night we had a game with 16 NSL ships vs 12
home-designed ships. Keeping track of these were easy as groups of ships

were going at the same speed in the same direction on each side, but of
the
10 fighter groups on the board I can think of only 2 that actually had a

common speed and heading. A bit more of a headache for a start. Also how
do
you handle dogfights, does side A or B's direction and thrust become the

one used for both or do they only last one turn or are they unlikely
fullstop and what about when doing an attacking run on a ship do you
have
match course and speed or risk major damage as your tear yourself off
your
course to attack the ship? Once you get to that end of things its not
such
an easy fix anymore ;)

Cheers