Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:09:24 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

At 09:55  22/06/01 +0200,  Derk wrote:
 >This is what stumped me about fighters. Am I correct in that they move
 >'cinematic' in vector games? In that they retain no speed vector? It
 >strikes me as really silly if I boost my carrier up to speed 35, I
launch
 >my fighters, and immediately leave them in the dust behind me? Isn't
 >there a reasonable fix to this, or did I entirely misunderstand the
 >subject at hand?

No, there is no quick and easy fix to this aside from making fighters
move
the same way as ships. There is a house rule where screening fighters
are
allowed to move along with the ship they're screening if the ship's
velocity is greater than the fighter's movement allowance, this leads to

some pretty funny images. A great wave of fighters screening a speeding
lone scout, which drags the fighters along at it's velocity in a 'attack

run' on the enemy fleet and the enemy fleet doing it's best to destroy
the
scout in order to 'stop' the fighters :)

I suppose this is one of those things to be fixed in the future.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI