Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:02:10 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

> There have been various incidents were HUMAN pilots / weapons
operators have
> brought down nice fat airliners. With the right type of IFF and patern
> recognition software, I don't think the risk from an AI would be any
higher.

IFF can be fooled. IFF can break down. Pattern recognition is very nice,
except these incidents have a nasty habit of happening beyond visual
range.

And don't forget the high degree of automation is often an important
factor in these incidents even happening.

But yes, humans make mistake,s too. But they, unlike machines, can be
court-martialed as an example for other humans not to do it again ;)

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7MvuMJXH58oo6ncURAtjwAJ9m1vTao5T9E6NCKZD4nxkFgPBfxgCgvgnU
D+YMMbP6uznY0itDub028wE=
=/PNq

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI