Prev: RE: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: [FT] Defensive system idea: MRIM

Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:32:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

Hi Ryan,

A good friend of mine is in the midst of converting an NAC piper as we
speak.	There's a figure that's perfect for the conversion - the male
SAW
gunner, standing facing forward with the SAW held up and to his left.
You
leave the arm in place, but cut out/file out the saw and it's gear, as
much
as possible, then model in pipes with modeling putty and something for
the
drones.  Won't be perfect, but pretty close.  Don't try to do it in a
"being played" position - he's just standing there with the pipes...

I pulled out my platoon of gurkhas to take a peek, and none of them leap
out as suitable figures for a piper conversion.  You could always take
one
of the riflemen and add bagpipes strapped to his back?	I realize that's
not quite the same thing, but the Gurkhas were all carved in great
"action"
poses, not "standing on parade" poses like some of the NAC.

I finished my NAC stuff (including the Gurkhas) and it works out to be a
company size force.  Very cool seeing it all lined up on a table...  I
wish
I had display cases at home - be nice to see them rather than just
seeing
the cases...

>Ok, I've just received my Gurkhas and I'm pretty pleased, but if and
>when I build a full on Company of NAC figs I'm going to need a Piper.
>(Ye canna ha'e a prrop'r  Scots unit wi' ou' a set o' thae pipes!)
>
>Does anyone have a recommended NAC figure that is easily modified to
>look like he's piping Cock O' the North or The Gathering of the
>Grahams?
>
>I suppose the Gurkha unit would need one two, since they have a
>history of their own pipe music (they're just another type of
>Highlander, albeit shorter, more polite and from a different part of
>the world...). So any Gurkha figs that would look good modified as a
>piper?

Adrian Johnson

Prev: RE: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: [FT] Defensive system idea: MRIM