Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

[FT] MRIM

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:34:45 -0400
Subject: [FT] MRIM

Brian said:

[Bri] Much too cheap in comparison to PDS
and ADFC.
PDS: 1m 3c
ADFC: 2m 8c
MRIM: 1m 4c (1 shot? 3 shot?)
If this cost/mass is per shot, we are a little
closer.

[Tomb] I had in mind 1/4 per shot. And PDS
has 360 coverage. This only has 180
(though it occurs to me this could be
infeasible due to how fighter attacks get
executed).

Would all 3 PDS dice go against the same
fighter group or would it be spread out? If
spread out, the value increases.

[Tomb] I had in mind 1 group - logic is that
the warhead is some sort of shrapnel
thrower or has submunitions with very
limited range ergo 1 group gets the lot.

If the damage could be spread out, I would
choose 3 of these over 3 PDS almost every
time (at this mass/cost).

[Tomb] Unless of course you planned to use
your PDS more than once! This was
designed as a one shot (like scatterguns)
system. Buy more if you want more.

Does that make points balance and cost

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC