Prev: Re: [FT]SML question Next: RE: [FT]SML question

RE: [FT]SML question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:59:01 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]SML question

At 10:11 PM -0400 6/17/01, Aaron Teske wrote:

>Although it may be worth noting that one reason behind the switch
>from Seawolf to Virginia is to redesign for increased littoral
>warfare; the Seawolf is cold war-style boomer hunting, the Virginia
>is supposed to be more flexible.  (Though I think the 3rd Seawolf is
>going to the SEALs for specops.)

Ahh, but again, its for operations on someone else's littoral.

Small combatants tend to have a hard time self deploying to the other
side of the Ocean. They can do it, but they aren't as nearly fast or
seaworthy.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: [FT]SML question Next: RE: [FT]SML question