Prev: Re: [FT]SML question Next: RE: [FT]SML question

Re: [FT]SML question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:56:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]SML question

At 7:08 AM +0100 6/18/01, Bif Smith wrote:
>This also asumes there is no limit how deep into the gravity well of
the
>star you can actually use the FTL drive. If you cannot use a FTL within
>certain limit of the star, a whole new tactic opens up relating to
attacking
>a fleet as it travels in system (or being able to see what is coming
towards
>you and running before you`re killed <G>).

This is how I've held the theories to be. ie they are "system"
defense ships. Not orbit or planetary defense ships. FTL transitions
are handled on the very edge of space. The ecliptic is easier to
reach due to places along the way that act in your benefit depending
on the course. Going off of the ecliptic is just as long a trip. The
system primary (and other stars) have a spherical grav well remember.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: [FT]SML question Next: RE: [FT]SML question