Prev: [OT] Squats Re: Gurkhas uploaded Next: [SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...

Re: Gurkhas uploaded

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon@f...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:30:00 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Gurkhas uploaded

> At 8:05 PM +0200 6/15/01, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:
> >I do go back as far, but I am just painting up my first fantasy
dwarves.

> >I do have a lot of (unpainted) Epic scale squats.
>
> Jeeze, I completely forgot about those. 10 Super heavy Squat Land
> things (collossii, leviathans, Hellcannons, landtrains, etc). An
> entire company of the VTOL gyrocopter thingys, and lots and lots of
> infantry, something like 6 hosts with support. All on a big shelf
> with the 40K, Fantasy and MOW. All neatly boxed and labeld, never to
> be used again it seems.....*sigh*
>
> When a GW rep made a stupid comment to me in response to a question
> about Squats at a Dragoncon about 4 years ago, I vowed never to give
> another cent to GW. Then I found DirtSide....and I was happy with
> gaming again.

FYI,

If you want a blast from the past (modified to avoid any smell of
Limburger), go check out netepic forum at the groups.yahoo.com.

In the archives, you'll find netepic which is a rewrite of Space
Marine with an eye toward removing the cheese and oddities found
in the GW version.

In the archives, you'll also find Heresy which adds alot of
concepts found in more advanced rulesets (like suppression,
complex(er) morale, etc), on top of a vaguely Space Marinesque
framework.  I've never tried Heresy, but it's supposedly not too bad.

Both are/seem like Beer and Pretsel games, but they aren't bad Beer
and Pretsel games.

> Wow, thinking about it, 2 Rhinos for $15, 12 figures for $12, 4
> figures for $5. Now what do they charge?

Now to the point of this e-mail,

Oddly enough, GW UK is actually charging somewhat reasonable prices
for their infantry sprues currently.  (Vehicles and such are still
overpriced).

A single sprue of about 60 6mm figures sells for 1.50 pounds
(about 2.50 US dollars).  Not including shipping.

Prev: [OT] Squats Re: Gurkhas uploaded Next: [SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...