Prev: Re: Unit labels Next: RE: beams and shooting at fighters

Re: Unit labels

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:02:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Unit labels

> > Bah! A true electronics geek would use the decimal resistor code ;)
> > (black=0, brown=1 (I think), etc. I always need to look it up ;) )
>
> Hey, that's a great idea.  I have a mnemonic, but I can't repeat
> it in polite company.  :)

Ah!  Send it to me, I forgot it years ago.

***

But that's what Google's for! ;->=

I think the previous mnemonic is missing Gold, Silver, and None.

resistor code mnemonic:

The sanitized version: Big Bears Run Over Your Gladiola Bed Vexing
Garden
Worms (go see now)

with a link to the 'awful misogynist mnemonic',

http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~mukluk/awful.html

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: Unit labels Next: RE: beams and shooting at fighters