Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: Ghurka's uploaded

Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:32:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

At 5:11 PM -0400 6/13/01, Allan Goodall wrote:

>I just mounted my Ark Royal last night: plastic stands. Same with my
>Foch. Note: stands! Plural. I drilled new holes and mount the
>plastic stands one behind the other. The lateral stability is okay
>(still not great) but the ship won't fall forward or backward.

The overall mass of the model makes any sudden shock more likely to
fracture the post on the plastic bases.  Small figs don't mind nearly
as much. I do re-drill the holes in some cases to the CoG of the
figure or in some cases just expand the hole size.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: Ghurka's uploaded