Prev: Ghurka's uploaded Next: Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:30:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

On 13-Jun-01 at 17:12, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I always thought the PDS looked like it was modelled
> after the CIWS system on American ships or the
> similar system on Soviet ships (even has it's own
> fire control radar just like the PDS). The anti
> missile role on modern ships would be stuff like
> the sea sparrow and the standard, right?

Yes, but sea sparrows are extremely close range, for all
practical purposes you could treat sea sparrows and
the CIWS as the same in a game scaled like FT.

> Maybe when you buy an MT missile you specify that
> it's an intercept missile just like you specify
> heavy fighters or interceptors in carriers? Just
> a thought.  As far as missiles that are offensive
> and defensive, the Phoenix AA missile can be
> targetted at enemy aircraft or incoming missiles.

Just like a CIWS.  As far as I can tell (and it's
not my area of speciality) anything that can target
a missile can target a fighter.  Still a PDS.

Remember though, I am more concerned about play balance
than I am about reality.

Prev: Ghurka's uploaded Next: Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models