Prev: Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:13:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

On 13-Jun-01 at 12:26, devans@uneb.edu (devans@uneb.edu) wrote:

> ***
> There is one disadvantage of the metal bases.  They are bigger, which
> means ADFC coverage is more difficult.
> ***
>
> Ok, I'm dense, I give up. I looked at the book, am not seeing
something.
> Please explain the last statement.

The bases are bigger so it is not as easy to place all your ships
within 6 inches of each other.	It's not a big deal for the ships
which are bigger than the bases, things like a BDN.  It is a big
deal for escort ships which are much smaller than the bases.

Just FYI, I have 12 bases which I use for combat.  After I finished
these 12 I have never bothered to build or paint any more as I
have never had more than a dozen ships on the table.  For teaching
people six on a side is more than sufficient.

Prev: Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?