Prev: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:48:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

At 5:43 PM +0100 6/13/01, Tony Francis wrote:
>devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> >
> > ***
> > There is one disadvantage of the metal bases.  They are bigger,
which
> > means ADFC coverage is more difficult.
> > ***
> >
> > Ok, I'm dense, I give up. I looked at the book, am not seeing
something.
> > Please explain the last statement.
>
>I assume he means that because the bases are larger it's difficult to
>get the ships physically close to each other on the table, therefore
>increasing formation spacing.

This is understandable, but its not as big a deal when you've
happened upon it like I have. I started saving the metal bases for
the big ships (an Ark Royal on a plastic base just isn't as stable).
Small warships get the plastic bases.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?