Prev: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

Re: Painting FT models

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:22:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

Derk Groeneveld wrote:
> Mmm. I'm a bit reluctant to go for foam. I used to store my 25mm
mini's in
> foam, and looking at the abrasive damage that did, over time, compared
> the magnabase storage I use now, I'd rather find another option.

I tried using magnetic strips or velcro to hold my FT ships, but it was
not able to hold my larger ships successfully.

What I was able to use are Rubbermaid storage boxes with 1/8" elastic
tape
from a fabric store.   I drill small holes at a regular intervals based
on the spacing I want for my ships and the metal base size of the ships.

I then weave the elastic through the holes such that two bands will
support
the ship base.	This method does not use foam and can securely hold my
larger SDN ships and BattleFleet Gothic battleships I have.

The advantage of having a transparent box is that I can quickly find the

ship I'm interested in for a game.

Prev: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models