Prev: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:20:28 -0400
Subject: RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

Hiya folks,

>>As an aside, I've usually gotten considerablly faster service on
orders to
>>the UK compared to orders from North American companies! My record is
>>two-week turnaround on an order from Irregular! It makes the steeper
S&H
>>charges worth it, plus many firms do not have N.A. distributors.
>
>I think we've sometimes had orders arrive at destinations in the US
within
>about 3 to 4 days of them being posted over here - and as we can often
turn
>round an emailed order within 24 hours that means you shouldn't have to
>wait much more than a week in many cases.
>
>Jon (GZG)

Free plug for Jon here.  One of my last orders to him was for several
hundred dollars (Canadian) worth of figures.  The order went in on a
Tuesday or Wednesday.  The package arrived at my house the following
Monday, here in Toronto.  So, order packing, shipping and arrival
cross-Atlantic was about 5 days, including a weekend.

That is good service...

I ordered a whole bunch of stuff recently (piles of the new Gurkha SG
figs)
from Nic at Eureka in Australia.  The shipping time from there was about
2
or 3 weeks.  Not as fast as the UK, but still good given the quantity
and
the distance.  And the currency exchange rates with Australia make
taking a
look at them also worth the time.  Shipping costs were very reasonable.

For those of us in North America, looking at the UK and Australian
suppliers is worth the effort.	I would generally only order Resin kits
from KR at GeoHex, though, because the shipping costs of the resin stuff
from the UK are high, but for figures, comparison shop.

And having ordered from all three suppliers more than once, I can
happily
say that they are *all* good to deal with.

Adrian.

Adrian Johnson

Prev: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: RE: Shipping Cost from the UK