Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

Re: Limited AAR for FT at BenCon in Denver

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:02:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Limited AAR for FT at BenCon in Denver

Mike Stanczyk wrote:
> Having to fight system defense boats is no fun when you're at equal
points.
> Both sides may have had 2400 points but since I had to pay for FTL and
they
> didn't I feel that this was unbalanced.  After this game, I wouldn't
attack
> this system without at least a 3000 point fleet.

The scenario imbalance should have been obvious to the referee before
the
game.  Especially under the older rules version! A non-FTL ship had 25%
more
mass available between an FTL equipped ship! Do you think he ran a
playtest
of the scenario before the convention?

;-)

Mr. Sarno, you have my permission to beat this referee senseless with a
large piece of cheese.

Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs