Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question

Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.

I would like to point out that the movies implied
that the INCOM X-Wing was a superior fighter to
the regular imperials at least, and probably
superior to all but the "advanced Darth Vader"
tie fighter. So, that at least the rebels have
going for them. X-Wings have a navigator (droid),
a repair capability (that ties lack) and have
an FTL drive.  They also seem to be more maneuverable
when they're not setting up for an attack run.
I'm guessing that TIES are non-atmospheric as
well while we saw X-wings land in atmospheres.

However, the imperials aren't the Cylons (who
seem to have to attack at a 3:1 margin before they
are actually dangerous).

--- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>