Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:50:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:27:31 -0400 "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET>
writes:
>Brian Bell waffled:
>>  1. What do you want?
>> - Pictures. A MUST! Some on the list prefer painted,    some prefer
>unpainted. Both would be the best.
>>
>> 2. what do you hate?
>> - No pictures. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! A description does NOT  cut it.
>
>What are you trying to say here, Brian?  Could you stop beating around
>the
>bush? <g>
>
>Ideally I'd like to see (in this order)
>a) a mini that have been primed grey, washed black, and drybrushed
>white, so
>I can get a good feel for how much detail there is; minimum would be
>black
>wash;

Excellent idea, I think this is a #1 priority in pictures...

>b) a mini that has been painted, preferably in the "standard" colors
>if
>there is a background that specifies them.

Yes, but as someone else on another list (same type thread months ago)
said - "I don't paint that good so mine never look that way" applies to
me.  But it is better then no pictures!

>c) a _complete_ text description ("15mm GZG human NSL power armor with
>longarm plasma gun and over-the-shoulder micro-rocket launcher" -- NOT
>just
>"power armor")

Oh yeah, love those two word 'descriptions' - 'Power armor' is about as
descriptive as "red wine'.  Especially without pictures.  (Bit of a
mantra starting...)

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site