Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:50:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:42:54 -0400 (EDT) Roger Books
<books@mail.state.fl.us> writes:

>Pictures, pictures and more pictures.
>
>I want to know how big the mini is.  A picture of some of the
>minis in the line next to minis from other manufacturers would
>be a good thing.  I don't want to accidently pick up GW sized
>25's to mix in with my RP sized 25's.

YES, yes, and yes.  I have these great old plastic "25mm" Space Rangers"
that tower over my "25mm" Reviresco figures.  Great figures but (in
scale) about 8 feet tall!

>Fairly High Res pictures.  100x100 or so filling the frame is
>a minimum.  Many of us are using 1280x1024 19 inch  monitors these
>days and you just can't get much from the tiny, out of focus pictures
>you often see.

Almost as bad as no picture in some cases.

>Thumbnails work well for this, it saves load times for those
>things you don't want.

Nice thought but even load time is not a killer IF there are good
pictures available...

>If I have a good idea of what I'm buying I will live with fiddly
>ordering procedures and be quite happy.  If I have to guess what
>I am buying I won't buy it.
>
>Roger

My rule, NO pictures (assumes local shop can't/won't carry them) means
NO
buying.

Only exception - someone has the exact figures I am interested in and
they show them to me.

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site