Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers - simple rules. Next: Re: Sensors

Re: [FT] Are Submunitions Packs overpriced?

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:58:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Are Submunitions Packs overpriced?

> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:31:42 +1000
> From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
>
> G'day Charles,
>
>  >So, what are peoples experiences of using SMPs?
>
> They're nice to put on really little guys for
> some up close and personal punch.

I find that scout ships carrying them are good for
attracting Charles attention away from the heavy ships with
the conventional weapons.

IIRC the Rat did try a fast SMP armed Battleship [HMS
Dictator] but it was very much an all or nothing experience,
with emphasis on the nothing. The all Pulse torpedo ship did
better.

If SMP's were cheaper they would probably become the weapon
of decision at close range. What Charles misses from his
analysis is that for the small ship types multi turn
firepower is less valuable since they burn like butterflies
in a flame.

Of course Charles has accused me of considering scoutships
to be little more than antimissile decoys for my capital
ships.

Adam

Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers - simple rules. Next: Re: Sensors