Prev: Re: Sensors Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Sensors

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:19:59 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Sensors

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 12:19 AM +0200 5/30/01, Derk Groeneveld wrote:
> >Similarly, it's about impossible to rebuild EXACTLY the same
frequency
> >control unit for a new radar etc. So sufficiently advanced ESM should
be
> >able to tell you WHICH SPY-1 that is, once you have identified it
> >before... And assuming it's switched on.
>
> That sounds right, I recall a News group thread now about WOs in
> Vietnam that could tell you what batch of Russian Area and Fire
> control radar's were operating in North Vietnam,  which operator was
> at it that day and that a tube was about to blow based on how it was
> running.
>
> Course thats all passives, looking at active signatures. But again,
> that's an excellent system for the day with an excellent operator
> behind the sensor set. (Elites running a Superior system, It has to
> be a good roll)

Then again, they didn't have full auto database-matching, back then...

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7FIMEJXH58oo6ncURAvqMAKDWpKwuOdQA3Lyge+on9UsPTsE3iwCgnh/g
egOjkVjQn9N9ZR5sh56ROv8=
=pF6u

Prev: Re: Sensors Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)