Prev: Re: tank gun acceleration versus orbital gun acceleration Next: Re: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

Re : [OT] Figure painting question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:46:01 +0200
Subject: Re : [OT] Figure painting question

Tony Francis wrote:
:
>Allan posted this some while back; it's probably worth reposting it for
>Tom. I've never managed to find out the equivalent of "Future Acrylic
>Floor Polish" here in the UK so I haven't tried it.

Sounds like a variant of "dipping", though with an acrylic
polish/varnish.

For a detailed description of "dipping", see

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~beattie/dip.html

Since I a) can't find the recommended dip (Minwax Polyshades) in the
local
stores and b) that dip isn't water soluble anyway (ie., I'd have to use
thinner or something like that to clean the brushes, and I'd rather
prefer
not to), I use an acrylic clear "satin" acrylic varnish bought in the
local
craft shop, and mix it with whatever colour I happen to need. The
varnish
is *very* thick, which is why it stays in the folds etc. of the model.

I wouldn't use this technique if I were a good painter, but I'm not <g>

Later,
Oerjan

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: tank gun acceleration versus orbital gun acceleration Next: Re: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing