Prev: Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints Next: RE: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:33:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

On 24-May-01 at 13:27, Jerry Han (jhan@warpfish.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had no problems with them.  However, most of them aren't glossy
--
> they dry flat.  I usually use the cheap craft paints for bases and
> dry brushing, then I finish with the 'expensive' kind.

Flat or glossy isn't really an issue.  When I overcoat it is always
with gloss, I haven't found a flat that doesn't allow color shifts
with time.  If I need it flat I overcoat the overcoat with testors
flat.  If I then need gloss I paint it on using craft paint gloss
overcoat.  As long as that layer of gloss is there my colors appear
stable.  (only about 4 years worth of sample now)

I still remember what I consider my best paint job ever.  I had a
dark birthmark on the characters shoulder to fit in with his history.
Nothing major, but after a year the birthmark was indistinguishable.
Switched to good arts gloss (Krylon) and the problem has not repeated.