Prev: Re: Rescuing livestock Next: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?

Re: [SG]? & Re: Rescuing livestock

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:09:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG]? & Re: Rescuing livestock

***
>From the little reading/history shows I've done/seen on the period,
this
is supposedly one of the more prevalent myths concerning the US West.
It makes great cinema though.
***

The little I've read sez the same thing about your descriptions, but I'd
hoped, vainly I see, that one thrown-off comment wouldn't cause a
totally
OT post such as yours.

***
Just look what happened to Jesse Jame's gang in Northfield Minnesota, to
see what happened when the "defenseless townsfolk" reacted fast enough
to respond in force to a raid.
***

If I care to comment, in detail, on a fairly atypical occurance fairly
late
in the settling process, as much of your comments are, given my own
Nebraska was a state within three years of the end of Civil War, I'll
send
it directly.

***
Wasn't there a (bloodthirsty to carnivores/omnivores) vegetarian race In
Traveller - some kind of Centaur type race?
***

K'kree.

There was a 'herd' mentality; I think, as opposed to pack mentality. It
seemed a subtle difference: both weakened resolve if not working with
those
of close ties.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: Rescuing livestock Next: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?