Prev: [OT] again Re: Rescuing livestock Next: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

[FT] Banked Weapons

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:39:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] Banked Weapons

What would be the game effect of putting weapons
in banks (ala Star Trek).

For instance, I'm thinking of playing Romulans in
our local FT game. I'd like to make the romulan
plasmas feel a little different, but I have a
very conservative group.

What would be the game effect of having 4 classes
of plasma torpedo, each of which is essentially
a bank of 1-4 pulse torpedoes. In other words, a
class 3 plasma torpedo would be 3 pulse torpedoes
in one bank. They would fire together on one roll
and either all hit or all miss. Further, they
would only have one roll on threshholds, all going
out or all staying up.

Would that be more powerful, less powerful, or
the same as buying the same number of pulse
torpedoes to fire normally?

If it turns out to be more powerful, what could
be done to weaken it to "normal" level?

Prev: [OT] again Re: Rescuing livestock Next: Re: (FT) Crew Quality