Prev: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses Next: RE: Rescuing livestock

RE: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:34:49 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

G'day Scott,

 >Mr.Fulton,

I think you just made Derek's day ;)

 >The only problem with this anology
 >is that it's illegal in the US to farm,
 >eat and make things out of Bald
 >Eagle skin.  I don't believe that the same
 >is true of the EMU.

Just to clarify though farming with a permit is OK it is illegal to
intentionally harm a wild animal in Australia, emu or otherwise.
However, I
think its only fair on Eli to point out that though Derek was making a
half
serious point he was teasing more than anything ;)

 >They weren't trying to kill the
 >bird, they were trying to
 >scare the the bird into laying an egg.

This would just make it all the funnier....though I'd have to say that
I'd
never heard that emu shells were thought to be aphrodisiacs!!! Mind you
the
adrenaline rush you'd get from daring to take a wild emu egg and
surviving
would probably do a lot for you ;)

At least they didn't take on a cassowary....

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses Next: RE: Rescuing livestock