Prev: RE: Rescuing Livestock Next: RE: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

Re: Rescuing Livestock

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:38:30 EDT
Subject: Re: Rescuing Livestock

In a message dated 5/22/01 7:32:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
cdownes-ward@9a.co.uk writes:

> At a show a couple of years ago I saw an excellent Dark Ages
participation
> game where the object was to drive your flocks into a fort before the

I've run games set along the Scots/English borders where the objective
was to
loot cattle herds and drive them away. It is great fun to watch the
player
devote a larger and larger portion of his warriors to herding while
trying to
delay pursuit at the same time. From the pre-Roman times to the 1500's
along
the Irish sea no individual could lay claim to the cattle. It was
simpoly a
case of who had possession at any given time. It was considered crafty
to let
the herds graze in someone else's pasteurs and show up in the fall to
steal
the whole herd and make off with it. Lots of good multi=player wargames
in
that from ancient times to flintlocks