Prev: RE: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode

Re: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:46:07 +1000
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

At 02:10  15/05/01 -0700, David Griffin wrote:

 >I prefer to lose because my tactics are bad rather
 >than merely because my opponent won initiative.
 >Yes, the die rolls for fire make luck a persistent
 >factor in FT, but that one roll (initiative) has
 >a MUCH larger effect (or can) than those individual
 >die rolls for weapons fire which tend to even out.

Unfortunately luck and also the ability to take advantage of a situation

once presented with it makes up a large part of winning battles (ie:
games). That's probably why we read and hear phrases like 'no plan
survives
contact with the enemy', 'the winner is the one who makes the least
mistakes and capitalizes on those of his enemy'. After all people also
refer to war as a 'Art' :)

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: RE: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode