Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:35:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

I started this thread because I had some bad
experiences with pods from custom designed ships.
As a player who uses custom designed (though
generalized) human ships, it's hard to demand of
the Savasku player that he not use any custom
designs. Therefore, I was trying to see if there
were any established tactics that really changed
the balance of power. I've just refused to play
Savasku recently because the customized ships with
their huge numbers of pod launchers, or heavy
long range beams, or huge numbers of non-morale
dependent fighters made the game not fun.

It sounds from what I've heard that the book ships
aren't near as bad, though I'd still wonder if the
larger ones aren't a little too cheap for their
point value.

Frankly, if there was an official (GZG) revised
point system that kept custom designs from getting
out of control, it would go a long way toward my
willingness to fight them again.

I wish Mr. Tuffley would comment on this topic,
especially as to whether a revised custom design
point schedule is likely to be forthcoming in
future products.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project