Prev: Re: [FullThrust] Stratfor predicts FSE/NSL split? <grin> Next: Re: Re: ADFC clarification

Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 10:25:59 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

----- Original Message -----
From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 3:37 AM

> I have played against then extensively.  Some of my
> thoughts.....
>
> The idea behind the Sa'vasku is really neat.	The
> technology is very different from the 'normal' ships.
> They add a great deal of spice to the game because of
> these different technologies.
>
> Here are some suggestions:
>
> DO NOT ALLOW SUPER SHIPS IN ANY WAY!!!! Custom
> building Sa'Vasku ships allows for abuses of the power
> structure that you won't believe.  If you allow
> customized ships, especially BIG customized ships, you
> are opening yourself up to bigtime problems.
>
> If you play the 'canned' ships out of FB2, they are
> very well balanced with all the other races, with the
> same win/loss ratios.
>
> Just my $.02 worth
>

> =====
> Thank You,
>
> Shawn M Mininger
Of course, there is also the point of playing equal points fleet, not
equal
mass. To make it more ballanced (and if your opponent insists on using
custom designs), my suggestion is to use a increase of the cost of the
power
generators (x4 mass instead of x2?). This is because the custom designs
are
so overpowered due to the excessive number of power generators that
people
fit to the custom designs. Any body with more experiance of playing SV
care
to comment if this is a more balancing idea?

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [FullThrust] Stratfor predicts FSE/NSL split? <grin> Next: Re: Re: ADFC clarification