Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser

A question of ettiquete and focus

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:23:31 -0400
Subject: A question of ettiquete and focus

1) Ettiquette point:
A number of us recieve the digest version of the
list. This is made much more compact and faster
to traverse and parse in the event that people
replying to posts make a point to excerpt
portions of the post that aren't required. An
example would be someone replying to a long
post with a two line reply which does not relate
to the post or which only needs a part of the
original reply to make sense. Please spend the
time to do this as some of us are still not on
broadband and others get the digest. There are
no penalties for failing to comply, but it is a nice
gesture.

2) Focus:
There seem to be a number of "where will
country X be?" discussion going on here (and
one oddly OT discussion on Rome, which
although fascinating is hardly GZG related). It
might strike some as the ultimate irony for me to
be the one bringing this up, but the density of
these discussions and the volume of posting has
been high. It seems to me most of the
discussion of the GZG timeline should more
properly be taken to the future history
discussion list (I believe this is the gzgpedia list
if I'm not mistaken). Jerry or someone should
post the subscription address. Said list was
designed for just this kind of discussion, thus
freeing up the main GZG list for further
discussions on game mechanics, rules
suggestions, vehicle designs, AARs and
scenarios, etc.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, and one last thing: This is an international
list. Whereas I'm not for the restriction of free
speech (ie you _can_ say whatever you want), it
might be polite to at least keep in mind what a
varied audience the list has, from younger folks
on up, some of whom might have different
thresholds for being offended and who come
from a wide ethnic and national background. If
we'd all just keep that in mind when bashing
other nationalities or ethnicities, or when just
generally expressing ourselves, I'm sure we
could communicate the same amount of
information without anyone getting hurt feelings
or being steamed up by someone else's
comments. I'll even let people continue to poke
fun at the Scots and the Kiwis... (you'd have to
have been on the test list to appreciate this
one...)

Tomb Raider

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser