Prev: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: Terrain

Re: FT-Battleship designs

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:10:32 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Battleship designs

In message <4.2.2.20010430093757.00a4b840@pop.hba.marine.csiro.au>
	  Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:

> G'day Bif,
>
> Can you remind me how you take damage on a turret when the ship is
under
> general fire. And I think I like the idea of setting arc at orders
time for
> the turret better than it always being optimal, but that opinion may
change
> if I get to see this system in actions in a game.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

I also like the idea of having to specify the turret arc in orders -
fits my mental image of a huge turret slowly moving to bear :-)

I presume that a threshold failure by the drive mechanism locks the
turret in its last position (until fixed).
Can the drive mechanism be targeted by needle beams? (I could make an
argument for either case).
If an attacker gets real close (say 6mu, maybe 12) can they target
individual turrets?
How do you handle area effect weapons, such as Plasma Bolts?

Well, looks like we've got the makings of a ninja rocketship here (using
either Bif's or my turret designs - I like both of them).

Charles

Prev: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: Terrain