Prev: Re: LLAR population was Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:59:22 +1000
Subject: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

G'day Don,

 >And I'm sure they did when I did peace keeping in the
 >Sinai in 79 but I think the circumstances are some
 >what different...........

Quite possibly, like I said its a bit of fun, but the possibility is
still
there ;)

 >None of the above,

OK put that down to made media representation of you guys ;)

 >historically Americans
 >are and to this day basically isolationists.

The media did give that impression, but I thought they'd over stated it.

I have had my go at this one, but all I was trying to say is that
history
is an unpredictable thing (my history past 1 AD is shakey, but I'd
reckon
that anyone 200 odd yrs back foretelling a British Empire restricted to
the
UK and a handful of small islands dotted around the world would have
been
written off) and accounting is always skewed so given what we have got
if
you're willing to throw in a bit of imagination (and a hell of a lot of
tongue in cheek on occasion) you can twist it to regions you find more
palatable ;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: LLAR population was Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust