Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships Next: FT-Wave guns and the ilk.

Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:10:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Davis <davisje@nycap.rr.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 9:10 PM

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >
> > >Grub Serve the same purpose as freighters for other species.  The
> > >are somewhat in-effecient when compared to traditional freighters,
> > >but can serve as useful auxilary warships.  Typically, grubs supply
> > >50% of their biomass to fleet units, and then leave to get more,
but
> > >there have been instances when grubs have been consumed to repair
> > >fleet units...  The in-efficiency of Grubs compared to traditional
> > >freighters is mitigated by the Sa'Vasku ships capability of
> > >self-repair.  There is no pulling fleet units off station and
> > >sending them back to base to be fixed.
> >
> > I'm with you so far, and the design looks fine, but the important
> > part, that most people might have a problem with, is how the
bio-MASS
> > is transferred (game mechanics wise)...
> >
> > Schoon
>
> Some of us may not want to know.....	it sounds disgusting. :-)
>
> I shall have to develop the Diazinon Class Destroyer to specifically
> deal with the Grub Class freighter.

For transfering the biomass, you just fit them with a drone womb, and
lauch
a fighter group to the ship, which lands them and reabsorbs them. Would
only
work with both ships having a womb onboard (ie-capitol ships and the
like).

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships Next: FT-Wave guns and the ilk.