Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:42:16 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Laserlight wrote:

> > If this is not the case, please let me know what part of the rules I
> > am not finding.  Page 37, "Individual Fire of Suport Weapons:"
> >
> > "When a player desirens to fire a support weapon individually,
> rather
> > than in support of general squad fire, he must use a seperate ACTION
> > to do so."
> >
> > I see nothing anywhere that would allow you to take a fire action
> > consisting solely of two or more support weapons.
>
> This makes a good case for small squads, eh?	If you have a 5 man
> squad with a GL, a SAW and 3 assault shotguns, you can fire both
> support weaopns.  If you have a 10 man squad of 2x5man teams, then
> you're stuck unless you want to burn a higher echelon reactivation.
> Of course, in that it's supposed to model real life ... I can't see
> the SAW gunner sulking and refusing to fire just because the two
> grenade launcher guys are prima donnas and shot first.

It makes a good case against loading your squads to the gills with
support
weapons. But even in the case above, the ONLY limitation is that you
cannot fire all support weapons individually. You can fire one with the
squad and one seperately, with one activation.

It seems to me the whole system represents not so much the limitations
of
the support weapons guys, as the limitations of the squad leader. "you,
fire at that.. you, fire at something over there.. you, fire at yonder
thingy, you.. er.. did I forget anyone? no? fire!

It doesn't strike me as altogether unrealistic that a squad leader can't
direct over two individual engagements.

Also, when using the alternate detachments rules proposed on the web,
you
could have a SAW detachment using it's one activation to fire, and the
squad with both GL's taking one activation to fire each GL, and ot fire
with the rest of the squad?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE65sYtJXH58oo6ncURAjfxAKCNlkkLQwEACIFkokcq4Cycyj8SwwCfTOqh
6N0CxPPa+9VQViSidLv8B8c=
=hhDd

Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!